- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled and each cut lengthwise into 4 slices don't cut all the way through to bottom.
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 can whole green chilies, sliced into 2 inch widths (4 oz)
- green chile salsa, mild or picante style
- melted butter.
How to Make Chile Papa (From Dinah's Kitchen)
- 1Preheat oven to 409. Put each potato on square of heavy foil. Insert onion slices and green chile slices between potatoes slices; wrap potatoes in foil and seal tightly
- 2Bake 45 to 60 minutes until tender. Open foil to let potatoes crisp a little the last 15 minutes. Just before serving, put 1 T. green chile salsa (which is usually red) and a little melted butter (if you're thin) over potatoes. If you're not thin, you won't miss it, and neither will they.
Source: My Old Recipes