Chicken, Potato Croquettes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cmashed potatoes
1 ccooked chicken, diced
1/3 ccheese, grated..whatever you prefer
1/4 conion, diced fine
4 Tbspplus 1/4 c. flour
1 cbread crumbs
1/2 cvegetable oil
1-2 cchicken stock
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken, Potato Croquettes
- In a medium bowl, beat one egg. Add potatoes and combine well.
Dice chicken and add to potato mixture. Stir in grated cheese and diced onion
- Roll the potato mixture into balls, a little bigger than golf ball size.If you're working with warm mashed potatoes, chill the balls. If you pulled your potatoes out of the refrigerator to make this, carry on.
- Get three bowls and place them side by side. In the first bowl, put 4 Tbsp. flour. In the middle bowl, 1 beaten egg. (If this runs out before you're done, beat another egg.) In the third bowl place 1 c. bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil over medium high heat.
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Roll the potato balls in the flour and shake off the excess. Dip into egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place in the oil to brown. Roll them around so all sides get golden brown and crispy. Once browned on all sides, transfer to an oven-safe dish and place in 300°F oven to keep warm while you finish the rest of the croquettes.
- Once all the croquettes have been browned, stir 1/4 c. flour into the remaining oil. Stir in chicken stock to make a gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the gravy with the balls for dipping..