Cheesy Swiss bake
- 2 1/4 lbs starchy potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 7 oz. smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 5 oz. dry white wine
- 5 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz. raclette cheese, grated
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
How to Make Cheesy Swiss bake
- 1Heat oven to 400F/200C/fan 180C/gas 6. In a large pan, bring water and potatoes to a boil, and boil the potatoes for 5 mins, then drain and tip into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 mins. Mix the bacon and onion with the potatoes in the bowl.
- 3Stir in the wine, cream, most of the cheese and a little paprika. Season (with salt and pepper to taste) and mix together, then spread over a large (30cm long x 4cm deep) buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 mins. Remove the foil, sprinkle a little more paprika over the top and cook for a further 20 mins until the cheese is golden brown.