Cheesy-Steamed Potatoes (Microwave)
- 5 or 6 medium
- red or gold potatoes, washed and cubed, peel if desired
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 1 pkg
- ranch dressing mix
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- plastic steamer bag
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar/jack cheese, shredded
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- real bacon pieces
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
How to Make Cheesy-Steamed Potatoes (Microwave)
- 1Put oil into steamer bag. Add salt, pepper, parsley and seasonings. Close bag and mash bottom of bag to dissolve and distribute seasonings into oil, add a bit more oil if you need to.
- 2Add potatoes, onion and about a tablespoon of butter. Seal bag and cook on high in microwave for 7 minutes. If you are using a regular ziploc bag, just close the bag half-way to allow for steam to release.
- 3Carefully shake bag, cook 7 more minutes. Shake again and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- 4Open bag (careful, it's steamy) and pour potatoes into serving bowl, add cheeses and butter, carefully - so as not to mash potatoes - mix to melt cheeses and butter into potatoes.
- 5Top with bacon pieces, sour cream or your choice of toppings.