★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 medium
- potatoes, boiled (cool, then dice)
- smoked sausage, cut at a diagnal, 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- velveeta cheese, diced
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- finely dice onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- cheese, shredded
- paprika, for color
How to Make Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Potato Casserole
- 1Boil your potatoes until just fork tender. Let them cool and then cut them into a medium dice. Put into a 2 quart casserole dish.
Take your smoked sausage and slice at a diagnal to look like a moon. You can make the slices as thick or as thin as you want. The thinner the slice, the more meat you get. Pan fry the slices until just browned. Toss in with your potatoes.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt your butter and saute your onion for a few minutes. Or skip this if not using onion. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until a rue forms. Then wisk in your milk. Add in your velveeta and stir on medium heat until cheese is melted and creamy. Will not be thick. Once combined, pour over your potatoes and meat. Top with shredded cheese and paprika.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 to 45 mins. Or until the cheese on top is browned.
You can also use hotdgos, or any other kind of sausage you prefer.