Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
- 3 c
- idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 c
- yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb
- velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add 1 Tbls butter to a frying pan and saute onions for a few minutes.
- 2Cut smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Add sausage to the onions and cook for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- 3Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and onions and give it a little toss.
- 4Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a whisk and stir constantly.)
- 5Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- 6Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).