☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6-8golden potatoes or another potatoes
7 Tbspbutter or light butter
1 cmilk, warmed to room temperature
2 cgrate sharp cheddar or other
·optional: crumbled bacon
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Rinse them off and pat them dry
put the in the slow cooker and dot with 6 tablespoon butter or light butter.
Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until tender.
- To make the cheese sauce:
Melting 1 tablespoon of butter or light butter in a skillet over low to medium heat.
When melted, add the flour and stir.
- Have the milk handy while you're cooking the flour. After about a minute, start gradually adding the milk.
Stir quickly to mix with causing clumps.
As the milk is incorporated, raise the heat slightly and continue to add milk.
The sauce will thicken. When the milk is add turn the heat to Low and stir in the grated cheese, 1 cup at a time.
Get the sauce to the thickness and cheeziness you want by more milk or cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce into the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Serve with crumbled bacon, if desired, or even more cheese.
- Using cheddar makes this dish a sure thing for kids. You can cater it to an older crowd by using a different kind of cheese. Consider blue cheese or Gruyere or Munster cheese. The recipe is easily doubled, too.