Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 3 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- grated cheese such as parmesan or gruyere, divided
- 1/4 c
- minced chives
- 1/4 c
- diced cooked ham or bacon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream, to serve
How to Make Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin tin.
- 2Whisk together the mashed potatoes, the eggs, 3/4 cup of cheese, the chives, and ham. Season, if necessary, with salt and pepper. The seasoning will depend on how seasoned your mashed potatoes were to begin with.
- 3Mound a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin cup. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- 5Make-Ahead Notes
You can bake these and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat and re-crisp: arrange the puffs on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes (depending on size).
I assume these also freeze well, but I haven't experimented with this yet myself. If I froze them, I would thaw overnight in the refrigerator then follow the reheating instructions above.
- 6More Flavoring Ideas for Mashed Potato Puffs
Loaded Baked Potato: Cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, chopped green onions, served with sour cream and chives
Curried Potato Puffs: 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste), chopped red onion, chopped jalapeño pepper, served with yogurt and cucumber.
Goat Cheese & Spinach: Fine chopped spinach, minced garlic, crumbled goat cheese.
Italian-Inspired: Finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil, finely chopped shallots, served with a smear of tomato sauce.