Cheesy Hashbrowns for a Crowd
- 12 lb
- shredded hashbrowns
- 6 can(s)
- (10 oz. each) cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz. cartons, sour cream
- 2 c
- 2% milk
- 8 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Cheesy Hashbrowns for a Crowd
- 1Line electric roaster pan with roaster liner. Spray liner with non-stick cooking spray. Be sure you use a roaster liner as there is nothing worse than cleaning an electric roaster pan that has baked on hashbrowns!
- 2Stir together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- 3Pour half of the hashbrowns into roaster pan. Add all of the soup mixture and stir well. Use a wooden spoon to stir so as not to tear the roaster liner.
- 4Add in remaining hashbrowns and stir well. Pour in about 1/4 of the cheese at a time and mix well until you have stirred in all of the cheese.
- 5At this point, you can cover the hashbrown mixture with Saran wrap and then aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight if you have access to a commercial refrigerator or remove the drawers from the bottom of your refrigerator and set the roaster pan in the bottom of the fridge.
- 6When you are ready to bake the hashbrowns, remove from refrigerator, put some hot water in the bottom of the electric roaster (about 2-3 cups) and set the roaster pan into the roaster. Remove Saran Wrap and foil and put cover on roaster.
- 7Set roaster at 350--check and stir after half an hour--if the hashbrowns seem to be bubbling along the edges of the pan, turn the roaster down to 275. Continue to cook for about 3-4 hours, checking and stirring every half hour. Be sure you stir with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon as a metal spoon will rip the roaster liner and you will have a mess!
- 8For the Legion convention meal, we doubled this recipe and made it in two electric roasters. We served this with a 4 oz. portion scoop and got 75 servings from each roaster.