Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole w/Cornflake Topping
Diane Hopson Smith
My niece shared this recipe with me several years ago. This has been a favorite dish at many of our family gatherings.
I was surprised and and tastebuds were pleased the 1st time I sampled this dish and was told the topping was made with cornflakes.
Hope you enjoy!
- (32-oz) bag frozen hash browns, slightly thawed
- (10 1/4-oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 small
- onion, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, melted (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10-oz shredded cheddar cheese (i used sharp)
- 1 1/2 c
- corn flakes, crushed
How to Make Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole w/Cornflake Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- 2Combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, onion, 1/2 cup butter and salt & pepper; spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle cheese on top of potato mixture.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup melted butter with crushed corn flakes; sprinkle over top of casserole
- 5Bake for one hour.