Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes
If you follow any of my recipes, you know that sometimes there are no measurements for ingredients. It's all about look and taste. Just trust yourself and eyeball it. If it looks good to you, chances are it will be ...
- 8-10 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 stick
- margarine or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- hormel real bacon bits
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions, chopped (optional)
How to Make Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel and cube potatoes; cover with water and boil until fork tender.
- 2Drain well and beat with an electric mixture until most lumps are gone.
- 3Add sour cream, margarine/butter, salt and pepper; mix with mixer until margarine is melted, then stir in about 1 cup of cheese.
- 4Pour into a 13x9 glass baking dish and cover with more cheese. Sprinkle bacon bits over cheese to your taste.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts and the potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with green onions for that loaded baked potato taste (optional).