Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
There is just nothing better than bacon, potatoes and cheese... am I right? Ha, well at least that's how I feel when I'm in the mood for comfort food. And comfort food this is! De-lish. The Test Kitchen
6potatoes; peeled & thinly sliced
1/2 conion; chopped
2 ccheddar cheese; shredded
1 cbacon; cooked and crumbled; approx. 1 pound
1/2 chalf & half
·salt and pepper
How to Make Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- Use a large pot. Saute chopped onions in butter till soft but not browned.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Stir flour mixture into onion mixture.
- Add milk and half and half. Stir and cook over medium heat till mixture begins to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- Turn off heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese to the sauce and stir till melted and smooth.
- Add sliced potatoes, bacon and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish sprayed with no stick spray. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle reserved cheese over top and return to oven to bake another 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft, cheese is melted and edges begin to brown.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving to allow sauce to thicken.