Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes
By Missy Chase Lapine with Parenting Magazine -
3 largerusset potatoes, scrubbed
1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2 lblean ground beef
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 ctomato paste
3 Tbspparmesan cheese
2 Tbspunsalted butter
2 Tbspplain low-fat yogurt
6 sliceamerican cheese
How to Make Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place them directly on oven rack. Bake until tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
2. While potatoes are baking, heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the beef, stirring to break it up, and cook about 5 minutes, until browned.
3. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving some behind to keep the shells intact. Mash potatoes lightly with a fork, then mix in the butter, yogurt, and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
5. Fill each potato shell with about 2 Tbsp of the cooked hamburger mixture, then top with about 3 Tbsp of the potato mixture, mounding slightly. Top with a slice of American cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes.
- ***Ideas for picky eaters: This is a way fun dish to eat, so you may luck out. If not, just deconstruct it: Put a little mashed potato and beef on the side, and let him eat his cheese straight out of the wrapper