Cheese Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
1 1/2 lbpotatoes, thinly sliced
5carrots, diagonally sliced
1 1/2 conion, sliced
1 1/2 cmilk
1 1/2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheese Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
- In large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add potatoes, onion and carrots; cook, covered, for about 5 minutes or until partially tender. Drain.
- Make cheese sauce by melting butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and cayenne, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in milk and blend well.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted.
- Layer half of vegetables in greased 2 1/2 quart casserole; top with half of cheese sauce.
- Top with another layer of vegetables then the remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Foil may be removed for last 10 minutes to brown top.