6 largepotatoes, russets
1/2 call purpose flour
4 ccold milk
1 lbprocessed cheese, cubed or 2 cups shredded cheddar or mixture of cheeses
3/4 tspsalt or (to taste)
1/2 tspblack pepper or (to taste)
1/4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
3 slicebacon, cooked
How to Make Cheese Potatoes
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite-size chunks. Place in large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.(OPTIONAL: May, if desired, add 2 large onions, chopped, cook until translucent. Do not brown) Sprinkle in flour; stir until butter is absorbed. Do not brown.
- Add milk, stirring briskly with a whisk. Add cheese and cook, stirring until cheese melts and sauce thickens. Add potatoes and stir well.
- Spoon into a 13x9-inch casserole dish. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon on top.