- 1lb 6oz/ 675g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup scallions/spring onions
- 2 oz/ 55g butter
- 2-3 fl oz/50 - 75ml milk
- salt and pepper
How to Make Champ
- 1Simmer the potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked - when pierced with a sharp knife the potato is soft in the middle.
- 2Finely chop the white part of the scallion/spring onion and roughly chop the green part. Keep to one side.
- 3Drain the potatoes and add the butter and milk and mash the until smooth and creamy.
- 4Add the finely chopped white part of the onion and mix well.
Season well with salt and pepper. Serve with the green part of the onion sprinkled on the top.