Celery Root and Potato Puree
- 2 lb
- celery root (celeriac), peeled and cubed
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 5-6 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Celery Root and Potato Puree
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the celery root, potatoes, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon salt, and enough cold water to cover the vegetables.
Cover partially and cook over medium heat until the potatoes and celery root are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- 2Press the celery root and potatoes through a food mill or potato ricer into a large mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to beat in the butter and cream.
Beat until the mixture is very light and fluffy. Season generously with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
The puree can be kept warm in 150 F oven for up to 2 hours.