Cat's Incredible Potato Salad
- 7-10 medium
- baking potatos, idaho spuds or your favorite
- 9 large
- hard boiled eggs chopped, don't over cook them, save a couple for a fancy garnish.
- 1 large
- white onion diced, green onion is good too, use all of it for color
- celery stalks, sliced half lenghwise, then sliced across the bias however you like them
- 1 1/2 c
- bread & butter sliced pickles chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- dill weed, or more if you like, mm-mm
- 1 Tbsp
- fennel seed or more if you like, mm-mm
- 1/4 c
- bread and butter pickle juice, or more
- 2 c
- mayonnaise or more to make creamier
- 3/4 c
- yellow mustard; more or less to you liking
How to Make Cat's Incredible Potato Salad
- 1Get your pretty apron on, & get out your prettiest large sized bowl. Use a large sized rubber spatula or other big utensil to fold into the salad easier. Make sure your vegetables are washed good. Cook your potatoes whole with skin on, until fork inserts easily into the side of the potato. Celery, and pickles are chopped. Peel your hard boiled eggs and set them aside.
- 7Take a clean spoon, dip it into the salad, and taste it. Tweak it with what ever you want. Don't salt it yet. Keep in mind the fennel seed needs to sit in there for a bit with the other spices to get its essence on. By then all of the spices have come together to make your taste buds sing praises to the God who created these wonderful vegetables and sauces for us to enjoy!