Cathy's Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 3 lb
- baking potatoes
- 2 c
- shredded cheese (i used mozzarella)
- 1 jar(s)
- alfredo sauce
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, fat-free
- 1 can(s)
- half and half, fat free (use soup can)
- handful of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 4 slice
- bacon, diced
- ham steak, diced
- cayenne pepper use as much or as little as you like
- 1 c
- french's fried onions - divided
- 1/3 c
How to Make Cathy's Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 1In a pan saute diced onions until almost golden. Move off to the side and add the cut up bacon and cook til its almost crispy. Add ham and cook until heated thru. Mix everything in the pan and turn off the heat.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Spray a shallow 2 qt baking dish with your choice of cooking spray. (I used butter flavor)
- 3In a large bowl mix: alfredo sauce, cream of mushroom sauce, can of 1/2 & 1/2 (you can use milk) a few spoonfuls of grated parmesan, chives, and cayenne pepper. Then add your onion, bacon, ham mixture to that and mix well.
- 4Slice the potatoes thin (you can leave skin on or use a peeler to take it off)and add to mixture in the bowl. Mix as you add the potatoes.
- 5Layer 1/2 of your potato mixture to you baking dish. Add some grated parmesan (I didnt measure just use as much or as little as you like) Add the French's Fried Onions and half of the shredded cheese. Add the rest of the potatoes and add the rest of the Frenchs Fried Onions, another good handful of grated parmesan and the rest of the shredded cheese.
- 6Cover with foil and then bake. I baked it for 2 hours covered. You could take the foil off the last 15 mins if you want the top a little more golden. Let stand about 10-15 mins before serving.