Caramelized Onion and Pepper Potato Salad
6potatoes (about 2 lbs)
4 clovegarlic, whole
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2red bell pepper, chopped
1/2green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 csour cream
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
·seasoned garlic, to taste
How to Make Caramelized Onion and Pepper Potato Salad
- Boil unpeeled potatoes and whole garlic cloves until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and run cold water over potatoes and garlic to cool. Drain potatoes and set garlic aside.
- Peel and chop potatoes into half-inch chunks. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoned garlic powder.
- Spray non-stick pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Saute onions and peppers on low with a tablespoon of water, cover. Check and stir every few minutes. When softened, turn to high and caramelize (brown) the onions and peppers. Turn heat down to medium if needed.
- Add softened cooked garlic cloves by squeezing over onions and peppers. Smash and mix in.
- Turn off heat and add sour cream and mayo to onions and peppers.
- Mix all together and add to potatoes.
- Turn into a large bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 or more hours. Tastes good warm too.