Carmelized Onion and Pepper Potato Salad
- garlic cloves, whole
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- half each
- red and green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c
- each sour cream and mayonnaise
- salt, pepper and seasoned garlic to taste
How to Make Carmelized Onion and Pepper Potato Salad
- 1Boil unpeeled potatos and whole garlic cloves until potatos are tender.
- 2Drain and run cold water over potatos and garlic to cool. Drain potatos and set garlic aside.
- 3Peel and chop potatos into half inch chunks. Season with salt, pepper and seasoned garlic powder.
- 4Spray nonstick pan and add a tablespoon oil. Saute onions and peppers on low w/Tb water, cover. Check and stir every few minutes. When softened, turn to high and carmelize (brown) the onions and peppers. Turn heat down to medium if needed.
- 5Add softened cooked garlic cloves by squeezing over onions and peppers. Smash and mix in.
- 6Turn off heat and add sour cream and mayo to onions and peppers, mix all together and add to potatos.
- 7Turn into large bowl and cover with lid or plastic wrap and refridgerate for 2 or more hours. Tastes good warm too.