☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largerusset potatoes
3 Tbspcooking or olive oil
2 mediumred onions, thinly sliced
1 csour cream
3scallions, finely chopped
·salt and pepper
How to Make Caramelized Ohio Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Heat oven to 375
- Rub potatoes with 1 Tablespoon oil, sprinkle lightly with salt. Transfer to large baking sheet.
- Bake until tender in the center, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half crosswise. Scoop out the insides, leaving a 1/8 inch border and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash with the sour cream and a bit of salt and pepper. Fold in most of the scallions and all of the onions.
- If necessary, slice a thin piece off the rounded ends of each potato so they can stand upright and form a cup.
- Transfer the potato skins back to the baking sheet. Divide the filling among the potato halves (about 1/2 cup each) and bake until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional scallions and pepper, if desired.