Candied Sweet Potatoes
1 lbcooked sweet potatoes or 1 large can, drained
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/8 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray & preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in casserole dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Dot with butter pieces.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 40-45 minutes, until sweet potatoes are heated through and syrup is bubbly.
- If desired, add marshmallows and return to the oven until marshmallows have melted and browned. Check after 4 minutes or so to gauge browning time.
- NOTE: If you double the recipe, use a 13 x 9" pan or baking dish.
- NOTE: If other foods are baking at 350 degrees F. & you want to bake this at the same time, cut the baking time (check after 25 minutes)for the sweet potatoes, then check the marshmallows after about 3 minutes.