Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb
- cooked sweet potatoes or 1 large can, drained
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- marshmallows, optional
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 1Spray casserole dish with cooking spray & preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Arrange sweet potatoes in casserole dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Dot with butter pieces.
- 3Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 40-45 minutes, until sweet potatoes are heated through and syrup is bubbly.
- 4If desired, add marshmallows and return to the oven until marshmallows have melted and browned. Check after 4 minutes or so to gauge browning time.
- 5NOTE: If you double the recipe, use a 13 x 9" pan or baking dish.
- 6NOTE: If other foods are baking at 350 degrees F. & you want to bake this at the same time, cut the baking time (check after 25 minutes)for the sweet potatoes, then check the marshmallows after about 3 minutes.