CANDIED SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
How to Make CANDIED SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch round slices. Arrange slices in a lightly greased 9x13x2 baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in a bowl. Sprinkle each layer of potatoes with the mixture. Pour 3/4 cup melted butter over potatoes evenly. Cover with foil and bake in a 375 degrees F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste with remaining 1/4 cup butter. Recover with foil and continue baking for 30 more minutes. (If transporting dish, stop here and finish at serving location----and warm in oven 5 - 10 minutes before adding marshmallows.)
- Remove from oven, sprinkle marshmallows evenly on top and continue baking with out cover for 5 more minutes or until marshmallows are light brown.
- NOTE: THIS RECIPE SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD EASILY BE CHANGED TO FIT YOUR TASTE. LIKER USING WHITE SUGAR INSTEAD OF BROWN, ADD GRATED GINGER, ORANGE MARMALADE, tsp OF VANILLA, OR MORE NUTS. Those are personal choices to fit your taste.