Candied Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
4 lbsweet potatoes, peeled & cut into quarters
1-1/4 cbutter or oleo
1-1/4 cdark brown sugar
3 cminiature marshmallows, divided
1/2 tspeach ground cinnamon and nutmeg (or to taste- use more or less)
1/2 tspgrated orange rind
How to Make Candied Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. (200 deg. C.) Grease a 9x13" oven-proof baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potato quarters and boil about 15 minutes, until slightly "al dente". Remove from pan and cool.
- In large sauce pan, combine butter (or oleo), brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange rind. Cook-- stirring often-- until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir potatoes into the pot. Break up the potatoes and mash about half of them, leaving the other half in large chunks.
- Transfer potato-brown sugar-marshmallow mixture to the greased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover dish with the remaining miniature marshmallows. Return to oven and bake for a few minutes until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove, let dish sit for about 10 minutes to set up, then serve!
- *** GIVE THANKS FOR THANKSGIVING- New Group************ Does anyone have a great Sweet Potato dish to share with this group? Only 87 days to Thanksgiving.. we'd love to have your Turkey Day recipes... please share! Thanks...