Cabbage and Potatoes
How to Make Cabbage and Potatoes
- 1Cut the cabbage in half and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- 2Agitate and drain well.
- 3Shred the cabbage.
- 4Heat the bacon fat in a large, heavy skillet and add the diced potatoes.
- 5Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 6Add 2 chopped onions and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add cabbage and toss well with two wooden spoons, a la stir-fry.
- 8When the cabbage starts to wilt, add salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste and a splash of water and about 1 tablespoon wine vinegar.
- 9Cover, with lid slightly askew, and simmer over low heat until tender (about 30-45 minutes).