★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 lb
- white potatoes, washed and diced
- onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp
How to Make Cabbage and Potatoes
- 1Cut the cabbage in half and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- 2Agitate and drain well.
- 3Shred the cabbage.
- 4Heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet and add the diced potatoes.
- 5Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 6Add 2 chopped onions and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add cabbage and toss well
- 8When the cabbage starts to wilt, add salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste and about 1 tablespoon wine vinegar.
- 9Cover, with lid slightly askew, and simmer over low heat until tender (about 30-45 minutes).