★★★★★ 2 votes5
2white potatoes, washed and diced
1 Tbspwine vinegar
How to Make Cabbage and Potatoes
- Cut the cabbage in half and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Agitate and drain well.
- Shred the cabbage.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet and add the diced potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and toss well
- When the cabbage starts to wilt, add salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste and about 1 tablespoon wine vinegar.
- Cover, with lid slightly askew, and simmer over low heat until tender (about 30-45 minutes).