Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- 4 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- salt, divided
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- optional: fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme
How to Make Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes
- 1Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly,6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat and pour butter into a small bowl. Remove and reserve one to 2 tablespoons browned butter.
- 2Place potatoes in a dutch oven; cover with water and add salt. Bring to boil; boil over medium-high heat for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Reduce heat to low. Return potatoes to dutch oven, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are dry. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except reserved one to 2 tablespoons butter and fresh herbs; stir just until blended. Transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with reserved browned butter. Garnish if desired. Serves 6-8.