~ Broccoli, Bacon & Cheddar Potato Rounds ~
- 5 medium
- russet potatoes - washed and dried
- 2 c
- shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits or cook and crumble your own
- 1 1/4 c
- cooked broccoli
- & pepper
- for baking potatoes
* COOKING TIME INCLUDES PRE BAKING POTATOES AND THEN FINAL BAKING.
How to Make ~ Broccoli, Bacon & Cheddar Potato Rounds ~
- 1Wash and dry potatoes. With a fork, prick holes in the top of potato a few times. I then pour a little oil in my hand and rub the potatoes. Roll in coarse salt. Place in a 350 degree oven for 45 min - 1 hour. Check them at 45 minutes. You want them cooked, but not mushy, as you will be slicing them and they will be the foundation for the toppings.
Once cooked, let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice about 3/4 inch thick. On the ends, slice just enough off so they won't tip.
- 3Using a teaspoon, scoop out a small indenture of potato. Do not go completely through potato slice. Just enough to indent a little. Lightly sprinkle with some salt & pepper.
Hold each potato slice over the bowl as you fill each slice with mixture. Its easiest to lightly squeeze some into a ball in your hand and place into the indenture. I fill them pretty full. They don't have to be perfect.