★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 bags
- red potatoes, small
- 1 lb
- bacon, diced
- 3 stalks
- 2 l
- chicken stock, low sodium
- 8 c
- 2% milk
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 4 large
- handfuls sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
How to Make Brenda's Baked Potato Soup
- 1Wash and bake the potatoes in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes till cooked and crispy.
Dice and fry bacon till crisp. Drain most of the grease off.
While this is frying; wash leeks (slice thinly and rinse a few times in clean water till all the sand is washed out) drain in a colander and shake well.
- 2Carefully place the leeks into the frying bacon and stir fry.
While this is cooking, dice the potatoes into cubes and stir in with the bacon and leek mixture.
- 3Pour chicken stock into a soup pot. Add the potato mixture, bring to a gentle boil.
Add milk and heavy cream and the cheese. Stir do no let stick.
- 4Melt the butter in a fry pan and add the flour andwhisk till it is nicely browned then whisk into the soup.
Heat thoroughly and serve (do not boil)