- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 1/4 c
- half and half
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- ground black pepper
- flour tortillas
- breakfast potatoes, recipe follows
- grated monterey jack cheese
- jalapenos, sliced
- hot sauce
- russet potatoes
- canola oil, for frying
- butter, for frying
- 1 large
- onion, finely diced
- green pepper, finely diced
- red pepper, finely diced
- yellow pepper, finely diced
- salt and ground black pepper
How to Make Breakfast Burritos
- 1Begin by browning the breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off the grease and reduce the heat to low.
- 2Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the half-and-half, seasoned salt and some pepper, and whisk to beat the eggs lightly.
- 3With the heat still on low, pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture. Now, with a spoon or spatula, very gently stir the mixture. Continue lightly cooking over low heat until the eggs are set. Now taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more seasoned salt or pepper if desired.
- 4To assemble, warm the stack of tortillas on a paper towel in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Place a heaping spoonful of egg mixture onto the middle of a warm tortilla, and top with a spoonful of Breakfast Potatoes. Tuck in the sides and roll the tortilla until closed. Wrap in foil sheets and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 5For cheesy and spicy variations, add grated Monterey Jack, jarred jalapenos, hot sauce or all three.
- 6Cooking Breakfast potatoes:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
- 8Place the hot potatoes on a cutting board and dice them into 1-inch pieces.
- 9Heat a skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Next, put a tablespoon of canola oil in the skillet. Add in some butter and the onions and saute until they start to turn brown. Next, throw in the cooked diced potatoes and the peppers. Salt and pepper the potatoes, then stir them around, slightly pressing/packing them in the skillet. Cook without stirring for 5 to 7 minutes. You want to make sure the pan is hot enough to crisp the potatoes. Add more butter to the pan as necessary for moisture.
- 10After several minutes, use a spatula to flip the potatoes over and cook on the other side for another 5 to 7 minutes.