Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from Simply Recipes.
- 2 lb
- garnet sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- bourbon or whiskey (i used pendleton)
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp
How to Make Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1Prepare sweet potatoes and place them in a deep pot. Fill with water to cover, toss in a bit of salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and drain water from potatoes. In the same pot, add butter and bourbon. On the counter, cover the pot for 5 minutes to let the butter melt.
- 3Remove cover and add brown sugar. Use a potato masher to incorporate ingredients and to mash potatoes. Add vanilla and continue to mash until desired consistency.
- 4Adjust to taste with more bourbon, butter or brown sugar. Drool. Enjoy!