Boulangere Potatoes (French scalloped potatoes)
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1/4 c
- about 2 c
- chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 medium
- yukon gold potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
How to Make Boulangere Potatoes (French scalloped potatoes)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 2Bring stock to boil as you slice the potatoes.
- 3Thinly slice the potatoes. Add potatoes to a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- 4Add potatoes and a few pieces of butter to the prepared baking dish. Add enough stock to cover the potatoes by about 2/3's. Press down gently with your hands.
- 5Sprinkle sliced onion evenly on top. Drizzle with olive oil and dot with a few more pieces of butter.
- 6Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue to bake potatoes until golden brown and fork tender, about 30 to 60 minutes.