Boulangere Potatoes (French scalloped potatoes)
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
about 2 cchicken or vegetable stock
8 mediumyukon gold potatoes
·salt and pepper to taste
1 largeonion, sliced
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspchopped parsley, for garnishing
How to Make Boulangere Potatoes (French scalloped potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bring stock to boil as you slice the potatoes.
- Thinly slice the potatoes. Add potatoes to a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Add potatoes and a few pieces of butter to the prepared baking dish. Add enough stock to cover the potatoes by about 2/3's. Press down gently with your hands.
- Sprinkle sliced onion evenly on top. Drizzle with olive oil and dot with a few more pieces of butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue to bake potatoes until golden brown and fork tender, about 30 to 60 minutes.