BEST HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
32 oz(1 bag) frozen, diced (not shredded) hash brown potatoes, thawed
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 tspseasoned salt (i use lawry's)
1/4 tspground black pepper
1/2 csour cream
1 can(s)condensed cream of onion soup ( i use campbell's)
4 Tbspsalted butter. melted
2/3 cyellow onion, small chopped/diced
2 cshredded cheese blend (see *note)
FOR THE TOP:
1/2 creal hickory smoked bacon bits
1 cshredded cheese blend (see *note)
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese, fresh whole milk
·chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make BEST HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
- *NOTE: Shredded cheese blend consists of equal amounts of cheddar, monterey jack and colby cheeses.
- Gather and prep all ingredients (thaw hash browns, set cream cheese out, chop onions etc...)
- Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use electric mixer to beat cream cheese until softened and lightened.
- Add seasoned salt, pepper, sour cream and cream of onion soup; beat until thoroughly combined; add melted butter and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir chopped onions and 2 cups cheese blend into mixture.
- Empty diced hash brown potatoes into a large mixing bowl; scrape soup and onion mixture into bowl; mix until well combined.
- Scrape into prepared baking dish; smooth to even level.
- Scatter bacon, evenly, over top.
- Distribute remaining 1 cup cheese blend over top; scatter mozzarella over all.
- Bake at 350ºF for 50 to 60 minutes, until beginning to bubble and brown, depending on your oven.