Beetle Bailey's Beef Brisket
1 largebeef brisket
2-3heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
·salt and pepper to taste
1 bunchcelery, chopped into 1 inch sticks
1 largeyellow onion, chopped
3 lbsmall red potatoes
1 lbcarrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
2 bottlebeer of your choice
How to Make Beetle Bailey's Beef Brisket
- Preheat oven to 250* and place rack on lowest shelf.
- Place the least fatty side of the brisket facing up on the kitchen cabinet and using a paring knife, make small garlic clove sized slits all over the top of the brisket. The more, the merrier!
- Place one peeled garlic clove in each slit.
- Rub both sides of the brisket with a generous amount of black pepper and salt, then place fat side down in a large roasting pan.
- Chop the celery, onions and carrots and scatter into pan. Place the small potatoes in an even layer.
- Pour beer over the veggies and brisket and put lid on/cover with foil.
- Place in oven and bake until done, or for 7-8 hours.