Beef Roast and Noodles Dinner
- 3-4 lb
- beef rump roast
- meat tenderizer, plain
- 1 box
- beef stock, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp
- "better than bouillon" beef flavored, low sodium
- 2 lb
- peeled whole carrots
- 7 lb
- potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- 1/2-3/4 c
- half n half (or 1/4 c milk and 1/4 c heavy cream) this measurement is to consistency
- recipe of grandma's homemade noodles
- water to cover
How to Make Beef Roast and Noodles Dinner
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Place roast in large roasting pan (with lid). Sprinkle both sides with meat tenderizer. Place roast fat side up.
- 3Add carrots to pan.
- 5Cover roast and place in 300 degree oven. Cook for 6 hours.
- 6Remove roast from pan and place on platter. Add a little broth over the roast to keep it moist. Either slice or pull apart (my family prefers pulled).
- 7While noodles are cooking, place potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and continue boiling until tender. Drain well and place in mixer bowl.
- 8Add butter and salt to potatoes and beat until smooth. Add cream/half n half a little at a time, while beating, until they reach desired consistency.
- 9Scrape potatoes into large serving bowl.
- 10Remove carrots from pan and place in serving bowl.
- 11Pour noodles and remaining broth into large serving bowl.
- 12Put it all on the table and watch your family devour it!
- 13I always serve a green vegetable with this dinner too, such as green beans or peas. I also serve a cold creamy salad, such as strawberry or orange ( will be adding those recipes soon!) and homemade hot rolls.