Beef Roast and Noodles Dinner
3-4 lbbeef rump roast
·meat tenderizer, plain
1 boxbeef stock, unsalted
1 Tbsp"better than bouillon" beef flavored, low sodium
2 lbpeeled whole carrots
7 lbpotatoes - peeled and quartered
1/2-3/4 chalf n half (or 1/4 c milk and 1/4 c heavy cream) this measurement is to consistency
1recipe of grandma's homemade noodles
1water to cover
How to Make Beef Roast and Noodles Dinner
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place roast in large roasting pan (with lid). Sprinkle both sides with meat tenderizer. Place roast fat side up.
- Add carrots to pan.
- Cover roast and place in 300 degree oven. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove roast from pan and place on platter. Add a little broth over the roast to keep it moist. Either slice or pull apart (my family prefers pulled).
- While noodles are cooking, place potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and continue boiling until tender. Drain well and place in mixer bowl.
- Add butter and salt to potatoes and beat until smooth. Add cream/half n half a little at a time, while beating, until they reach desired consistency.
- Scrape potatoes into large serving bowl.
- Remove carrots from pan and place in serving bowl.
- Pour noodles and remaining broth into large serving bowl.
- Put it all on the table and watch your family devour it!
- I always serve a green vegetable with this dinner too, such as green beans or peas. I also serve a cold creamy salad, such as strawberry or orange ( will be adding those recipes soon!) and homemade hot rolls.