BAKED SWEET POTATO GEMS
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 oz. lite cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs. lite sour cream
- 1 tbs. margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
How to Make BAKED SWEET POTATO GEMS
- 1Wash sweet potatoes and dry. Grease with shortening. Place in the microwave and cook on high for about 12 minutes, turning once or until potatoes are soft.
- 2When potatoes have cooled slightly but are still hot cut a boat shaped slice from the top of each potato. Scoop pulp out leaving skins intact (I use measuring spoon) and put into medium bowl.
- 3Add all other ingredients and mash and mix with a fork. When pulp is smooth add it back to the potato skins. Pat tops with brown sugar and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- 4Potatoes may be refrigerated and reheated in a foil lined pan at 425 for l0 to 15 minutes or until hot.
They can also be reheated in microwave.