★★★★★ 1 vote5
4potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 bunchgreen onion tops, chopped
4-5strips of bacon, chopped
2garlic cloves, minced
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 csour creme or french onion dip
4 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 cfeta cheese
How to Make Baked Potato Curls
- The ingredients above are for FOUR potatoes. When I made this recipe, I used 6 potatoes and I increased every ingredient by 1/4.
- Peel and slice 4 potatoes and place them in a greased covered baker. I used the Pampered Chef Covered Baker, but I imagine any covered casserole dish will do.
Chop up your bacon in small pieces and layer on the potatoes. Next, layer the chopped green onions (tops ONLY) on top of chopped bacon.
- Press 2 garlic cloves and add to 1/2 cup sour creme OR French Onion Dip (I prefer French Onion Dip because it makes it more flavorful).
Mix together. This mixture will be pressed on the potatoes, BUT before you do that......
- If you choose to use Sour Creme in this recipe, you'll need to salt your potatoes before you start the layering procedure.
If you use the French Onion Dip, you won't need to salt quite so much. Even with the French Onion Dip, I found the dish needing extra salt! I'll do that next time during the cooking phase.
- Mix sour creme or French Onion Dip and the shredded cheese. Press this "mixture" on your potatoes.
***The original recipe did not call for Feta Cheese, but I happen to like Feta, so I added it, and it was a great addition - but it would definitely be optional to the cook!
- Drizzle melted butter on top, cover and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
***If you add additional potatoes, you'll have to adjust your baking time. I used 10 minutes for every additional TWO potatoes.