Baked Potato Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Add us to the chorus of fans! I can't wait to take this to my next potluck. Savory and flavorful, this is one VERY satisfying dish. The Test Kitchen
5 lbpotatoes - whichever kind you like
1/4 cchives, dried
·salt & pepper to taste
4 cshredded cheese - can use whatever blend you prefer
2 pkgreal bacon bits
24 ozsour cream - can use low fat or fat free
·*****you can increase the sour cream - i encourage you to taste at the mixing step and get it to your liking. we use a lot of sour cream!
How to Make Baked Potato Casserole
- Peel, wash, and dice potatoes. Put in large pan and cover with water. Add chives and one stick of the butter. Also add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender and drain (usually about 45 minutes) Place in mixing bowl with remaining stick of butter and 1/2 the sour cream to start with. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix potatoes on low speed to blend everything. Add remaining sour cream to get potatoes to your preferred consistency.
- After potatoes are mixed, take a 9X13 casserole dish and layer potatoes, cheese, and bacon bits. Repeat so that you have atleast 2 layers.
- Cook on 350 for approximately 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- ***CAN BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME AND/OR REFRIGERATED, YOU WILL JUST NEED TO INCREASE THE COOK TIME**