Baked Potato Bites
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
1-1/4 cpotatoes, shredded
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 slicebacon, cooked crisp
1 Tbspgreen onion, chopped (green part only)
1-1/2 Tbspcheddar cheese, shredded
1-2 Tbspsour cream
How to Make Baked Potato Bites
- Combine the potato and salt and pepper in a bowl so that all the potatoes are coated.
- Spray a mini muffin tin (this recipe makes 12) with cooking spray.
- Spoon a little of the potato into each tin until you have it evenly distributed among the 12. Take your thumb and press the potato into the cup and up around the sides a little. You should end up with a nice cup space.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy on the edges and bottom.
- Take them out of the oven and divide evenly the cheese, bacon and onions in each potato "cup".
- Place under the broiler for just a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
- Take out and put on a dollop of sour cream. Serve warm.