BAKED MASHED POTATOES
Jo Ann Murphy
6-7large russet potatoes
1/2 lbmozzarella cheese - cut into 1/4 inch cubes
3 Tbspgrated romano cheese
1/8 lbhard salami, minced (use good quality salami)
1stick - (1/2 cup) butter, use only real butter
1/2 cplain breadcrumbs
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BAKED MASHED POTATOES
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil until tender and drain. Mash potatoes and add 5 Tbs of the butter and then the milk. Stir and mash until the potatoes are smooth.
- Add the mozzarella cubes, romano cheese, and salami. Stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 1 TBS of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a high sided casserole dish. Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs allowing the extra breadctumbs to lay in the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the top is golden brown. Be careful -- this is VERY hot when it comes out of the oven.
Serve from the baking bowl and enjoy.