Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bre
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 lb
- russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1"cubes
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- freshly grated parmesan, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- plain dry bread crumbs
How to Make Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bre
- 1Preheat the oven to 400'F. Coat a 13x9" baking dish with 1 Tbsp. butter, set aside.
- 2Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well.
- 3Mix in the milk and melted butter; add the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish.
- 4Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the mashed potatoes.
- 5(Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.)
- 6Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serves 6-8