Baked Mashed Potatoes
TIP- When you butter and breadcrumb the bottom of the baking dish nothing sticks! I use that trick for lots of recipes. It works especially well for Mac and Cheese!
- 6 to 7 large
- 1/2 lb
- mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 Tbsp
- romano cheese, grated
- 1/8 lb
- hard salami minced (or 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled)
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel the potatoes and cut into 1" chunks. Boil until tender and drain. Mash potatoes and add 6 TBS of the butter and then the milk. Stir and whip until potatoes are smooth.
- 2Add mozzarella, Romano cheese and salami. Stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Use 1 TB of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a high-sided casserole dish. Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs
- 4Spoon potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the butter.
Bake at 350° until the top is golden brown.