Baked Mash Taters
How to Make Baked Mash Taters
- Peel and quarter your potatoes. You can also use Yukon Golds, and you can also leave peels on if you wish. Wash and put them in a large pot of cold water.
- You can if you wish, add a chicken bouillon cube to the water. This gives it a little extra flavor. Boil potatoes until just fork tender.
- Mash, do not beat. Add your buttermilk slowly until creamy. You may not necessarily use the whole 1/3 cup. You can also substitute regular milk; or add sour cream instead.
- Mix in your cheese. You can use Mexican blend; Gouda; Cheddar (sharp is nice); or the Italian blend. Make sure yo mix well.
- Add butter. Place in 8x8 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes (approx) uncovered. The cheese gets nice an creamy. About half way through, shake grated Parmesan cheese over the top and return to oven.
- Chop green onions into topping bits, and put in small side dish; and do the same for the bacon bits. Put aside.
- Let potatoes stand for five minutes before serving. Have your guests/family add their own toppings - green onions, bacon bits, or you can also add pimentos.