Baked Home Made Tater Tots
How to Make Baked Home Made Tater Tots
- 1Preheat your oven to 400'F
- 2Boil the potatoes in a large pot for about 20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- 3Gradually add the milk and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Don't over mash, you want them to be lumpy. You might not need to use all the milk, you want them to be somewhat dry.
- 4Separate the eggs. Beat them and put them in a shallow bowl. Put the flour in a separate bowl and the crushed potato chips in separate a bowl.
- 5Using a cookie scoop make your potato balls and set them on wax or parchment paper. The balls should be 1 inch around. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, then the chips.
- 6It's messy, but worth the effort.
- 7Once coated shape them into the tater tots shape if you like and place on a lined baking sheet. I used my silpat baking sheet, but you can use parchment too.
- 8Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crispy and golden.