Bacon Wrapped Potato-Wedges/ Honey-Scallion Sauce
- 2 large
- idaho potatoes, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges each
- 12 slice
- bacon, uncooked
- 2 c
- canola oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Potato-Wedges/ Honey-Scallion Sauce
- 1Place oil in large sautee pan on medium heat. (Too high and bacon will burn and potatoes will be undercooked inside).
If making vegetarian version, skip to next step.
Wrap each potato wedge with one slice of bacon, from top of potato to bottom, secure open end with a toothpick.
- 2Place potato wedges in hot oil in saucepan. Oil should come halfway up side of potato. Over medium heat, cook potatoes until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally, allowing bacon to cook on all sides as well. About 20 minutes. Remove when completely cooked and place on paper towel lined cookie sheet to remove excess oil. Then transfer to serving dish & carefully remove toothpicks.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, scallions, honey, parsley, salt, & pepper together. Drizzle. HONEY-BUTTER, SCALLION mixture over potatoes and serve immediately. Either as a side dish or appetizer!
Great for football parties or New Years Orderve!