Bacon Scallion Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 lb. thick sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion whites
- 2 pkg. purchased chive sour cream dip, 8 oz. each
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sliced scallion greens
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag frozen hash browns, thawed, 30 oz.
- 4 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
How to Make Bacon Scallion Hash Brown Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook bacon in saute pan over medium heat til crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from pan. Add scallion whites and sweat til softened, about 1 minute; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Whisk in dip, Cheddar, milk, scallion greens, and cream cheese. Stir in hash browns and bacon; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Mix corn flakes and butter, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over casserole. Bake casserole til golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes.