Bacon Cheese Ranch Potato Salad
So let's try something new .. turned out it was really good !
Hubby wanted to name is Scrap Salad since it was made from scraps but I had to take the lead on the name !
I would do this again with salad macaroni !
Save those little bits .. you never know what you might come up with !
4small red potatoes
1/2 cshredded smokey cheddar cheese
2 Tbspchopped chives
1 Tbspdill weed
2 Tbspcucumber - diced
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cbottled ranch dressing
1 tsplemon juice
·crunchy onion rings and additional chives for topping
How to Make Bacon Cheese Ranch Potato Salad
- Simmer the potatoes whole until fork tender. Drain and then refrigerate for at least one hour or until completely cold.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters then cut each of those pieces into 2 . You can use the potatoes as is. I like to grill them for a little extra fun and smokey flavor.
Place the potatoes into a medium bowl.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain well then crumble and let cool.
- Sprinkle the bacon, cheese, chives, dill and cucumber on top of the potatoes and stir lightly.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, Ranch dressing and lemon juice together until blended.
Pour over the potato mixture.
Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with extra chives and crispy onions if desired.
- *** NOTE ***
If your prefer Miracle Whip to Mayonnaise use that but it will affect the flavor. If you desire more dressing then by all means add it.