Aunt Hettie's Potatoes
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 lb
- new potatoes, scrubbed and diced - large cubes
- heaping tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- water or milk to create a thickener
How to Make Aunt Hettie's Potatoes
- 1In a medium saucepan place cubed potatoes and just enough water to cover them. Add butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Cook on medium high until tender about 10 minutes.
- 3In a 2 cup measuring cup mix 1/2 cup water or milk with flour. Whisk until combined. Pour slowly into simmering potatoes and stir until thickened. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.