Aunt Effie's Potato Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 large
- 2 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar or american cheese
- 1 medium
How to Make Aunt Effie's Potato Casserole
- 1Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Place potato slices in saucepan with enough water to cover and 2 teaspoons salt. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain liquid from potatoes.
- 2In another saucepan, heat soup with milk. Add onion and cheese, reserving a small amount of cheese to top casserole.
- 3In a greased or buttered 2 quart casserole dish, arrange alternating layers of potatoes and soup mixture, beginning with a layer of potatoes. Top with a ring of potato slices, a little cheese and a sprinkle of paprika.
- 4Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes.